It gives us immense pleasure to inform that Cygnet Infotech has been listed as a Representative Vendor by Gartner in its Market Guide for Mobile Application Testing Services that was published on 28 June 2017.
The 2017 Market Guide for Mobile Application Testing Services written by Susanne Matson aims to help readers identify and source the most suitable vendor to meet their business needs and navigate through complex mobile application testing challenges. Some of the key findings of this guide include:
- Mobile testing services are inherently different to traditional application testing services, due to the added complexity of testing of multiple platforms, networks, operating systems as well as different devices and sensors.
- User experience is key in mobility as it may generate unique requirements for the testing process as well as considerations for testing by geography and security testing.
- The use of agile and DevOps to achieve business outcomes with speed requires different mobile testing approaches and skills, including further automation and a more collaborative approach.
- Application testing service providers will use various combinations of cloud, emulators, manual and crowd testing to provide the right level of quality assurance to devices.
Considering the above findings, Gartner lists more than 35 global mobile application quality testing service providers in its guide. Cygnet Infotech has been included under two listings:
- Providers that utilize different types of methods to meet mobile application testing services
- Representative vendor in the Midtier, Full or Subset IT Services Providers
“We believe, it is a remarkable achievement for Cygnet Infotech to be mentioned by world’s leading information technology advisory company, Gartner. This encourages us to continuously provide better mobile testing services and deliver business values to our clients and strive to be #1 testing service provider globally”, says Niraj Hutheesing, Managing Director at Cygnet Infotech.
The report also gives great insights on mobile application testing aspects such as platforms, networks, and methods such as device clouds, emulators, crowd and manual testing. Thus, the guide not only helps users in sourcing the right vendor but also helps in understanding the advanced analytics of mobile application testing to optimize cost and business values. As Susanne Matson has rightly said, “Mobile testing is no longer simply about the functionality of an application. It must cover all the aspects of platforms, networks, and devices in order to meet user expectations; covering all these aspects requires very specific skills from providers.”
Gartner subscribers can read the report here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.