Customer Size: Large Organization
Solution: SQL Server and MSBI (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
US based Independent Software Vendor (ISV) providing technology solutions for the retail industry to monetize their POS data. They kicked off their business with data warehouse consultancy services for their retail clients eventually moving towards advanced data analytics solution for different domains of Retail industry such as Beauty/Cosmetic, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), DIY-Home-Hardware, Apparels/Fashion etc.
While offering data warehousing services, client realized that their end-clients required an analytical solution which would accumulate and process the data from their data warehouses. That is how the idea of a BI based analytical solution came to the fore. A solution was intended to provide insightful reports to drive revenue for their end-clients. Client had the vision but lacked the BI expertise to execute the project and therefore was looking for a technology partner with expert BI resources and experience in product development for retailers.
Considering the above situation, client approached Cygnet with following BI and data management services requirements:
- Interpret and automate the sales reporting needs of different domains
- Enable batch processing of data
- Collect data from various formats used by respective domains
Cygnet developed a comprehensive cloud based SaaS solution based on Microsoft SQL server capabilities and Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) tools. Cygnet also provided rich web and mobile based analytics solution to collect and analyze EDI 852, POS, and supply chain data.
Here is the data architecture which enabled users to respond faster, optimize assortments, increase sales and provides best practices in retail merchandising:
- Automated data gathering from EDI 852 and other retail POS
- Once collected, data is cleansed and validated to generate various BI reports
- Customized Data Warehouse created so that businesses can store data on cloud
- Personalized dashboard created to provide one-click access to data with graphical data visualization
- Single click data analytics enabled to provide quick and easy sorting and filtering of data
- This solution facilitated their end clients to export, share notes and send detailed reports to their sales representatives and buyers
- To know the technology used to develop this data architecture and which detailed BI reports made this solution a unique tool of profitability, download the PDF
Thank You. We appreciate your interest.
We will be in contact shortly